Monday, December 17, 2007

Spongebob Monopoly

YAY! A new twist on Monopoly. (Again!)

I really liked the minigames available in this. It's a fun play, especially if you have kids who like the cartoon. It has a lot to offer, including Spongebob rules, plain Monopoly rules, Squidward rules, and Plankton rules.

Spongebob rules - play the minigames for just about everything. Lower property prices, lower rent, raise rent, GO! Bonus money, etc. There's a minigame for getting out of jail too, which had me laughing so hard I almost cried. I got a kick out of this, and so did the kids.

Squidward rules - Haven't played this yet, but it says you can move any players piece you want to. Sounds like it could get pretty chaotic.

Plankton rules - Make as much money as possible before Plankton gets around the board one time. Sounds like a crunch, I guess it depends on how much he moves, and how quickly. I only enjoy playing Monopoly casually, so a race type scenario doesn't interest me at all.

Overall? I'd give this an 8/10 for the new-and-interesting factor. The kids enjoyed it a great deal, and that helps it's rating out a lot.

No comments: